Looking for a temporary worker to Inspect sidewalks starting mid to end of April until June. Our Sidewalk Inspectors drive a golf cart with mounted GPS and rugged tablet computer. You’ll work with city officials ensure that their needs for sidewalk Information are met by conducting a complete inventory, assessment and mapping of their sidewalk assets.
You’re our ideal candidate if you provide consistently superior client service, have a valid G license, a clean and clear driving abstract. You’re have computer experience in applications like word and excel. You’re physically fit, enjoy being outdoors regardless of the weather and can work independently with little supervision. Travel maybe required, stays up to two weeks at a time.
Before you hit the road, we provide you with training (paid) for our unique Inventory and Assessment process. Then you get paid to drive a golf cart on municipal sidewalks thought-out Canada. You’re also provided with a truck and travel expenses will be covered.
- Responsible for the collection of data in the field using Global Positioning System (G.P.S.) units;
- Responsible for the field collection of sidewalk mapping data;
- Responsible for meeting with clients and ensuring that all required assets are captured as part of the Inventory and assessment process;
- Responsible for the daily input and editing of municipal sidewalk infrastructure into specialized computer software;
- Ensure that quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to standards laid out by the municipality, or any other applicable municipal standard or policy;
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be physically capable to perform job functions (walking, light lifting, etc.)
- Experience in public works or construction that requires the candidate to demonstrate and apply occupation related technology including computer applications and software to complete regular and special assignments.
- Working knowledge of CAD, GPS, and GIS is considered an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate/CPR and WHMIS is considered an asset
- A sound working knowledge of Ontario Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects as well as WHMIS regulations
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license.
• Experience in analyzing spatial data in a municipal environment and translating client requirements into appropriate GIS reports and thematic maps;
• Knowledge of modern component-based GIS tools and methodology for municipal and utility GIS use cases;
• Knowledge of SQL Databases and ArcGIS Enterprise Server is an asset;
• Experience with using any GPS devices
• Strong computer skills.
• Knowledge of common computer applications (Word, excel, etc.)
• Ability to input and retrieve data via computer.
• Good vision (with or without correction)
• Good hearing (with or without correction)
• Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.